Wednesday, January 28, 2015

“A Recipe for Success Over Your Enemies”


Church of the Living God
Bible Study Lesson
Presenter: Overseer Ennis F. Tait


Date:   Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Series: Healing and Deliverance
Scripture Reference:  Joshua 5:13-15
Today’s Discussion:    “A Recipe for Success Over Your Enemies”

The lesson aim is to show how the power of God is made manifest through obedience.  More importantly, all believers will achieve great success if they are willing to obey God’s divine instructions. According to several theologians, “the word obey is related to the idea of hearing. Obedience is a positive, active response to what a person hears”.

(References: Luke 6:46-47; James 1:21-25)

Joshua and the children of Israel are preparing to claim the land God promised to their father Abraham.  However, their desire to be successful will come as a result of their willingness to obey the voice/words of God.  The successes in our lives may require us to work alone or in collaboration with multiple believers.  Nonetheless, full compliance is required of all those involved.  Parenthetically, an unwillingness to obey the voice/words of God can close the door on your deliverance, healing and/or blessings.  (Reference: Joshua 5:6)  Inasmuch, our relationship with God will determine our level of obedience to HIS word. (Reference: John 2:3-10)

Interestingly, verses 13 through 15 represent an important occurrence in the life of Joshua and the history of Israel.  Joshua’s encounter with this unknown man becomes a matter of life and death.  According to the text, Joshua confronted the man and questioned his purpose.  In my opinion we that are serious about moving forward should learn from this test of spiritual connectivity.  It is vitally important that we learn to discern why certain people have been placed in our path, especially if they are standing in our way. In addition we must not invite them into our purpose until we have interrogated them and asked the hard questions. (Review verse 15)

Who are you?

 

Why are you here?

 

Special note: Every question requires a response for confirmation and/or validation.

For the remainder of their journey Joshua and the Children of Israel were able to defeat their enemies and claim their inheritance because God gave them victory. All victories are accomplished through obedience to God’s word. 

Furthermore, obedience gives us access into the presence of God

  • Obedience opens the way for God’s divine healing
  • Obedience opens the way for God’s divine restoration (Reference: Luke 6:10)
  • Obedience guarantees us victory over our enemies (Reference: II Samuel 5:22-25)

 

2 comments:

  1. Who am I? I am a child of God born in the flesh striving to be like Jesus... an angel in disguise...A leader and help.

    I am here because it was ordained for me to be here at this place at this time to spread His Word and teach youth His principles and do my part to change minds, heal hearts and save lives!

    When it comes to obedience sometimes the flesh takes over. I focus more on what I think I want and need instead of what God wants and needs for me I am gradually growing in the area, learning how to incorporate prayer and building my relationship with him in every situation of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a worshipper for my Lord and Savior. I try to be a positive influence for my Father.

    I am here to give testimony of His grace and mercy towards me and my family. I feel the place of worship is like Holy ground and we should always have our personal pictures at the door because He already knows them! He allowed then to happen. He wants or undivided attention when we step foot in His presence.

    By obeying His will and hearing His voice And having a personal relationship with God, we have no excuse on how we are to conduct ourselves, by confessing we are His children. Our obedience is always better than our sacrifice

    ReplyDelete