Church of the Living God
Bible Study Lesson
Presenter: Overseer Ennis F. Tait
March 5, 2014
Series: Spiritual Warfare
Reference Scripture: Jeremiah 1:4-10, 17-19
Today’s Discussion: “Training Day”
We’re living in a day and time when the “church” has lost its impact on the world. Consequently, believers have started to shift their thinking and consider other options to build their faith. The work of growing the church has become very risky.
(Read: II Timothy 4:3-4)
· Time – [kahee-ros] – an occasion, i.e. set or proper time
· Sound – [hoog-ee-ah-ee-no] – to have sound health, i.e. be well (in body) to be uncorrupt (true in doctrine)
· Doctrine – [did-as-kal-ee-ah] – Instruction (the function or information)
· Shall they Heap – [ep-ee-so-ryoo-o] – to accumulate further, i.e. seek additionally
The lesson aim is to show believers that God wants to rescue the church. More importantly, God has commissioned individuals to connect, unit and support the kingdom agenda. (Read: Ephesians 4:11-13)
God explains to the prophet the sovereignty of HIS call. God doesn’t ask for or solicit our opinion about what to do for HIS people. Through divine providence, God raises up leaders that are willing to go and face the enemy whether internally or externally. Jeremiah’s assignment was to go and prepare God’s people for an ensuing battle. He would face spiritual wickedness in high places; he would come against principalities; he would be confronted by the rulers of the darkness of this world. Nevertheless, God does not allow him to escape his assignment because of inadequacies or indifferences. God gives Jeremiah specific details of his assignment. In addition God provides the new recruit with support for his journey.
See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Jer 1:19
And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the Lord, to deliver thee. (KJV)
According to the Manual for Spiritual Warfare, “spiritual warfare is multidimensional”, which means we engage in warfare “in different dimensions”.
· A social battle between the believer and the world (
St. John 15:18-27)
· A personal battle between the flesh and the spirit (Galatians 5:16-26)
· A supernatural battle between believers and evil spiritual powers